The era of the intelligent enterprise is up upon us. Organizations of all sizes and industry verticals are investing in a range of latest and greatest technologies. IT professionals driving this digital disruption can expect unprecedented career and business opportunities across the technology industry. Here’s our pick for some of the hottest technologies and their use cases in the current age of digitization:
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Skills to leverage advanced computing capabilities in the AI/ML segment will remain in demand as new these areas drive next-generation technology offerings.
• Robotics: Automation across manufacturing as well as consumer segments such as driving.
• Virtual Reality: Particularly in the section of entertainment and video games.
• 3-D Printing: This area will continue to influence manufacturing, architecture, civil and mechanical engineering segment.
• Natural Language Processing, Speech and Pattern Recognition: Social media channels are the treasure trove for organizations looking to learn more about their customers and market. These technologies will enable businesses to yield invaluable insights from Internet-driven Big Data.
• “Anything as a service”: The cloud-enabled services model presents unique advantages for organizations pursuing appropriate services without having to invest resources as CapEx.
• Cyber Security: Security threats continue to evolve, and demands for advanced cyber security skills will remain critical to the enterprise world.
With record high job openings in the US, the hiring climate looks good for job seekers. Brand new technologies that are growing are opening brand new employment opportunities. US industries need a variety of technology skills, and each of those skills has different entry requirements, leading to the opportunity for people looking to change careers or those looking to advance in their current technology careers.
Another research report published by the freelancer marketplace Upwork tracked the global demand for IT skills and found Artificial Intelligence among the most sought after. Other popular choices included several skills within the QA and project management market segment.
As Deloitte research identifies, it is important to note that high profile software design projects that have consistently maintained high skills demand throughout the year 2017 share one fundamental philosophy: A solid foundation in agile, continuous and collaborative processes regardless of the technology area. Ability to embrace this philosophy as an individual and a collective team will continue to prove critical in successful project execution.